Re: Does the font look weird on this site?

On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 10:04 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 18:55 -0400, Arch Willingham wrote:
> > One of the main sites we go to daily is our local town's on-line paper
> > (www.chattanoogan.com). I hate to compare it to Windows but with that
> > OS and IE, the pages are very clear. In Firefox (FC6, FC7 and FC8),
> > all of the smaller characters look funky and are very hard to read
> > (look down under the section called "Breaking news" where there are
> > blue letters on a white background). Is it just my setup(s) or does
> > the site look funky to y'all too?
>
> Looks fine, here, but I have lots of fonts installed.  Just about all
> that were available to be installed.
>
> However, lots of the text is *very* small.  Much is set at size=1, which
> is the smallest size possible in HTML.  That will often look bad on many
> systems.  Even on some MSIE systems, that'll be bloody awful to read.
>
> Short answer:  Webpage author is a moron.
----
don't hold back now - tell us what you really think.

FWIW - I looked at the site on my Windows system.

Firefox 2.0.0.6 looked pretty much the same as on Fedora Firefox

Internet Explorer 7 it looked much better...but the left column type was
larger than on Firefox.

Thus the web designer might need to tweak for other browsers or other
browser users need to know about <Control><Numeric keypad + > switch to
enlarge the type

Craig