Re: SELinux -- another view ?

On 10/18/07, William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since SELinux is a major alteration to the kernel

Last I heard it's part of the vanilla kernel, it isn't some fedora only mod.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux

> Appropriate assistive
> guis would be welcome.

1) a GUI to setroubleshoot exists
2) a gui to do high level (on/off, etc) management ->
system-config-secuirtylevel
3) and a GUI to customize rules is in testing last I heard

> Meanwhile, until the day comes that I have the time for intensive study,
> I will leave SELinux in permissive mode.

All my SELinux reading was done in an hour with the FAQ, the rest has
been mostly intuitive. That was in FC2 when it was more difficult to
use.

( www.pembo13.com )