Re: GRUB Question

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 17:00 -0500, John Pierce wrote:

> >     Well first read man grub or info grub on your F7 working computer.
> I did, and I am able to boot the installed kernel
>
> > Learn how to write a section on your existing grub.conf in /boot/grub/
> > that will boot your F8. It is like the ones you have now but with
> > different root and boot. You can get the right stuff from the F8 grub.conf.
> >
> I did not see anything that would just boot the grub from sdb, I would
> prefer to do this so that when mandriva updates it's kernel I do not
> have to manually edit the grub of my fedora installation.

Well you raise an interesting question. Let me go out on a limb. If the
grub.conf that is active is really on sda, but the /etc/grub.conf on sdb
is really a soft link to the /boot/grub.conf on sda, I can't see why an
update of the kernel when you are running the operating system on sdb
would n not correctly update grub.conf.

"All Bibles areise an interesting question  man-made." -- Thomas Edison