Re: Making SELinux allow access to certain directories

On Monday 15 October 2007 20:21, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> >>
> >> setsebool -P httpd_enable_homedirs 1
> >
> > Or, in a more user-friendly way, play with system-config-selinux.
> >
> > - Mike
>
> What could be more friendly then the command line.  :^)

I second that. The GUI just lets you click on whatever, and then it goes to
the background and executes appropriate command with appropriate switches.
If, for whatever reason, this background command fails, the user is not
informed about it.

I had an issue with firefox several times (for example), where picking it from
the menus just did nothing. No error, no notification, no firefox. And only
after starting it from the terminal I actually found out why...

GUI is user-friendlier only for the things that cannot fail, else it just adds
to confusion. ;-)

Best, :-)
Marko

Marko Vojinovic