FC7 Live CD HP Pavilion Entertainment PC

I have an HP dv9208 laptop (Turion 64x2) laptop I have been trying to find some
distribution of Linux that will successfully on it.  The HP forum suggested FC7's
live CD, one of the respondents said they had FC7 running on their DV9335nr
and it runs great.  The difference is the 9208 has shared memory for video and
the 9335 has dedicated memory.  I'm also having trouble with the built in
broadcom wireless.  If I boot the laptop using the LiveCD into single user mode
then run init 3 I get a localhost Login prompt.  Every minute or so the error
bcm43xx: Error: Microcode "bcm43xx_microcode5.fw" not available or load failed.
displays on the screen.  Frequently the machine locks up during boot or after issuing
a command.  One that came to mind was ifup eth0 (the built in Ethernet is eth1).
Running startx or init 5 causes a hard lockup requiring a power cycle.

I really wanted to have Linux on this laptop but I'm beginning to doubt I'll ever get past
the video and wireless problems.