Re: lilo for fedora livecd 7.9.2 on a dell optiplex 320

sam wrote:
> hi...
>
> trying to install fedora livecd on a dell optiplex 320. after researching
> via google, i'm now at a section where i'm dealing with lilo, as opposed to
> grub. the arcticles i've seen have indicated that grub's lvm causes issues
> when installing.

LVM is not part of Grub. Neither LILO of Grub understand LVM
volumes, but the Kernel does. If you have /boot on a LVM volume, it
can give you problems. This is not a problem if you give /boot its
own partition, and do not make it part of an LVM volume, or do not
use LVM at all.

> i'm getting an "fatal: linux experimental device... needs to be defined"
> err... when i setup the lilo.conf file, and run lilo -v to check the
> config..
>
> if you have knowledge about any of the above, let me know!!!
>
> this is a little bizzare.
>
> thanks

This is just a guess, but it sounds like you are using LVM and /boot
is on a LVM volume. In any case, you are better off using Grub with
F7 - you will get better support from the lists.

Mikkel