Re: Sandisk Sansa c250

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:09:57 +0100
Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 04:57:32AM -0500, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:01:33 +0100
Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 04:09:05PM -0500, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
I just purchased a Sandisk Sansa c250.  The only problem is
that it is real picky about id3 tags.  All of my mp3's were
recently re-tagged using Easytag.  The c250 proceeds to lump
them all as "Unknown Artist" and "Unknown Album."  I then
figured out that if I remove all the tags, and just tag the
album and the artist thusly: id3tag -2 --album="Dancing In
Jerusalem" --artist="Lamb" *.mp3
Fix your Sansa c250: www.rockbox.org

Rui
Hello
This looks like what I needed, so I followed the following
instructions:
http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-sansac200/rockbox-buildch2.html#x4-60002

As root, installation went perfectly.
Cool! I envy you, I'm thinking to buy one of those too.

the Rockbox documentation.Unfortunately, the screen then went
black.  I tried powering on the player again, and it appears to be
deader than a doornail.  This seems like such a shame, because I
believe that Rockbox SHOULD work as described, and that I just had
a unique (bad) experience.  I hope I can at least get it powered up
again and get Rockbox off the player, so I can return it to Staples
and get my money back.  Of course, I'd prefer to get Rockbox
working on this player...
That's sad, but do try to get in touch with the RockBox guys, I'm
sure they'll be of more help than I can give you :)

Rui

Hello again :)
I have achieved a level of joy with this issue.  My player is no longer
toast :)  I followed these instructions:
 Recovery mode of the Sansa e200

Recovery mode can be used to replace a bad .mi4 image on the player.

Accessing the recovery mode

    * Power off
    * Turn ON lock/hold
    * Hold down record
* Insert USB cable
You will find a 16MB USB drive now, this is the recovery partition.

I was then able to mount the player and remove the .rockbox directory.
I am going to play with this a LITTLE bit more.  Even though I'm pretty
sure I didn't, I COULD have made a dumb mistake before...  I will
report back with my findings.

I'm glad you've managed to scrape the charcoal off your toast;-)

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait