Re: Sandisk Sansa c250

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:09:57 +0100
Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 04:57:32AM -0500, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:01:33 +0100
> > Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Fix your Sansa c250: www.rockbox.org
> > >
> > > Rui
> >
> > Hello
> > This looks like what I needed, so I followed the following
> > instructions:
> > http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-sansac200/rockbox-buildch2.html#x4-60002
> >
> > As root, installation went perfectly.
>
> Cool! I envy you, I'm thinking to buy one of those too.
>
> > the Rockbox documentation.Unfortunately, the screen then went
> > black.  I tried powering on the player again, and it appears to be
> > deader than a doornail.  This seems like such a shame, because I
> > believe that Rockbox SHOULD work as described, and that I just had
> > a unique (bad) experience.  I hope I can at least get it powered up
> > again and get Rockbox off the player, so I can return it to Staples
> > and get my money back.  Of course, I'd prefer to get Rockbox
> > working on this player...
>
> That's sad, but do try to get in touch with the RockBox guys, I'm
> sure they'll be of more help than I can give you :)
>
> Rui

Hello again :)
I have achieved a level of joy with this issue.  My player is no longer
toast :)  I followed these instructions:
 Recovery mode of the Sansa e200

Recovery mode can be used to replace a bad .mi4 image on the player.

Accessing the recovery mode

    * Power off
    * Turn ON lock/hold
    * Hold down record
    * Insert USB cable

You will find a 16MB USB drive now, this is the recovery partition.

I was then able to mount the player and remove the .rockbox directory.
I am going to play with this a LITTLE bit more.  Even though I'm pretty
sure I didn't, I COULD have made a dumb mistake before...  I will
report back with my findings.

Steven P. Ulrick