Re: symlink of /home causes mail delivery failure

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
I tried to make my /home directory a symlink to something on a different disk (i.e., symlink across filesystems). It appeared to work fine when browsing directories, but mail delivery stopped!

I'm using Postfix, with procmail doing the local delivery.

Is there any reason that procmail (or anything else) would fail if /home is a symlink?

Is your system configured to Enforce SELinux controls? If so, you may need to use "restorecon" to fix your home directory labels. I think this is what you'd want:

restorecon -R /home/.