Re: IP Tables connection tracking for saned?

At 3:39 AM +0000 10/11/07, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>I'm trying to get my scanner running as a network service so remote
>machines can use it, but I've run into a snag.  So my questions:
>
>- Does anyone have a good HOWTO for this?
>
>- In particular, there seems to be a connection tracker module for sane,
>but if I add ip_conntrack_sane to the modules list in
>/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config, the modules fail to load when I restart
>iptables.  What am I missing as far as that step?

Do you have any evidence that ip_conntrack_sane exists?  The only mention
on Google is someone who couldn't find it (if I made sense of the
translation from Chinese).

I see a hack using ipt_recent.  Eww.

You could always roll your own from the other examples.  (I wonder if there
is a configurable conntrack module?  It seems that there could be, but I'd
have to read the various modules to be sure.)

>- Is there a way to get a Windows client to use a scanner served by a
>Linux machine over the net?

Googling makes me think "yes, of course", but I haven't tried it.