Re: [Fedora] Re: DHCP security

Mike C wrote:
You can usually arrange to restrict machine that connect to only those with
specified MAC address on the connecting interface - whilst this can be worked
around by someone clever they would need to spoof the known MAC address of one
of the machine in your list - but it is safer than not having a restriction to
only known MAC addresse
The DHCP server is configured to only service known MAC addresses, however this won't stop an unknown MAC from getting onto the network with an available IP already configured. DHCP server won't know about it and thus won't do anything about it. So to me, this is something beyond what the DHCP server itself can do (or should do). That's what I'm looking for, some way to block everything else that may pop up, that did not use the DHCP server to get an IP to begin with.