Re: Wget use

on 10/8/2007 10:30 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 09:58 -0400, David Boles wrote:
>> on 10/8/2007 2:21 AM, Ric Moore wrote:
>>> GET(1)                            GNU Wget
>>> WGET(1)
>>>
>>> NAME
>>>        Wget - The non-interactive network downloader.
>>>
>>> SYNOPSIS
>>>        wget [option]... [URL]...
>>>
>>> DESCRIPTION
>>>        GNU Wget is a free utility for non-interactive download of files
>>> from
>>>        the Web.  It supports HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP protocols, as well as
>>>        retrieval through HTTP proxies.
>>>
>>> ... nuff said, Ric
>>
>> For the CLI challenged there are GUI frontends for wget.  ;-) Gwget
>> (GNOME) and Kwget (KDE). Never tried the KDE one, not even sure if it
>> available in Fedora, but the Gwget works fine.
>>
> It would help all us overworked schleps if you would call the program
> gwget rather than Gwget. It keeps us from thinking we have lost our
> minds.

Sorry about that Aaron. I was looking at the website when I wrote that and
that is the way the page is titled.  ;-)

You are correct that it is gwget. Linux is case sensitive and that does
make a difference. But it is either an upper or a lower case letter so if
the 'G'wget did not work the first time I think that I would have tried
'g'wget the second time.  ;-)

--

  David