Re: rpm and wget -c

Ric Moore wrote:
On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 18:15 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:

Ric, I am tired of your constant effort to make us feel sorry for you. Change and read the man page on F7 for wget and read it with care. Now you can download a DVD size file over a few days and always stay connected.

Yum will work the same way if you do what you were told to.

Now enjoy life and stop complaining.

Karl, WTF are you talking about??
I use wget all the time. I asked IF I could somehow use that with my rpm
and yum attempts, as when I get knocked off, I'm not seeing them
"resume". I'd LIKE to see them resume from where the files stopped at
instead of starting over. It seems to my simple brain that that would be
really a nice feature.
I don't give one crap for anyone feeling sorry for me. Read what I
wrote, for the love of God and my sanity. Yes, I read the man pages for
both rpm and yum and see no mention of it. I could have missed it, but
not for lack of trying. So, I asked. You could have just directed me to
the instance, since you appear to know so fsking much, instead you sent
this pointless drivel. Nor have I seen a post where anyone offered an
direct answer to my problem to force a "resume" or direct the dnload
operation to wget using -c option, either would have worked better, for
me.
Tim offered one hint and I replied to see if I was set correctly. I saw
no whine in it, I merely explained my reasons for the need of it. It
might be of use to others stuck outside of DSL or Wireless service areas
as well. Useful in this circumstance, that could be shared with others.
Some folks have replied that yum does "resume" an interrupted dnload. If
they do, *-I have not seen it-*, which is my simple question ... can it
be made to do so, all the time, if it doesn't. Tim gave me a hint, that
some servers may not support that feature. In a previous post I asked if
one of the maintainers would reply. Anyone else on this list see where I
asked any GD body to feel SORRY for me, or is Karl the only one that
takes this tangent?  You really pissed me off there Karl. I've taken my
share of "Anger Management", but you have managed to push past some
personally carefully set boundaries there with your choice of words. I
think you owe me an apology. Ric

You took it as an insult to say use wget to download rpm files. OK. I really don't care what YOU do. I use wget because my DSL is so slow. Takes 24 hours to d/l the F7 DVD. I gather you must have got it somehow.

From what you say above makes me think you do not understand how wget works. I have never had a need for help with yum uploads. So can't say how yum will work. These are the two things you need with F7.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User