Re: rpm and wget -c

Ric Moore wrote:
On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 15:34 +0930, Tim wrote:
On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 18:24 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
Stuck out here in the toolies, running a 56k modem at 28.8 because the
phone lines are all crappy this far from the central phone banks, can
I convince rpm (then yum) to "resume" the download, if my connection
is broken??
Here, yum can resume a broken download.  However, resuming also depends
on the server.
Maybe I've never looked close enough to see that happen, but I've never
noticed it ... especially when dnloading the fileslists and the
connection breaks. I see it start all over again instead of "resuming".
What say the guys that admin yum?? Is my perception 100% wrong?
Inquiring minds want to know. Ric

Ric, I am tired of your constant effort to make us feel sorry for you. Change and read the man page on F7 for wget and read it with care. Now you can download a DVD size file over a few days and always stay connected.

Yum will work the same way if you do what you were told to.

Now enjoy life and stop complaining.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User