Re: OT (most likely) strange modem disconnection when using USB drives

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 17:45 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 18:21:58 -0500
> "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > It also tends to burn up the lugs.
>
> That is a not-uncommon problem with Xenon lamphouses in movie theatre
> projection rooms.  The lamp is hooked to the rectifier with wiring that's
> pretty much equivalent to welding cables.  If the bolts that hold the cable
> contacts down ever get loose, it can burn the ends right off of the cable.
> Same thing with the screw-down clamps that hold the lamp in place.
>
> You have to check those connections on a regular basis and give them a crank to
> keep them snug.  It's not good when something like that happens, especially on
> a Friday night with a blockbuster movie (which is when that sort of thing will
> happen, of course.)

It must be fun as heck to run a movie house, especially a private one
where YOU pick the movies.  There's one in Raleigh NC that offers
mall-like ethnic food specialties, hot-wings, beer, wine, exotic pizzas,
calzones, chinese dim-sum, just about any finger food you can imagine.
The place stays sold out. You have to be a member (of age) to get in. So
he makes a buck on the subscriptions, too.

Wouldn't lock-washers help? <cackles> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar