Re: BackupPC is a great program once you get it working but it is a nightmare to configure. The version that comes with the base install of FC7 is 2.x but you can now get 3.0x. I have been able to get it to install 50% of the time using the scripts (

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 19:40:47 -0500
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> >>>

> > You should file a bug report about this - the packager should
> > arrange for the creation of the needed ssh keys on installation if
> > that is necessary for BackupPC.
>
> I haven't installed this packaged version but I'd expect to be able
> to run as the backuppc user if you start as root and:
>
> su -s /bin/bash - backuppc

I installed this under Ubuntu Server - it too uses backuppc.  Perhaps
the Op installed via a source tarball.

--
Best regards,
Chris