Re: rpm and wget -c

Ric Moore writes:

The "wget -c" command, or something that works like that, would REALLY
suit my needs, and I believe the needs of others as well. If some kind
soul would chime in and give me the skinny, I'd be forever in their
debt. It would be even better if I could just change one entry to cause
all apps to perform like this system wide. Would THAT ever make my day.

I'm afraid there isn't. The closest thing you can do is identify the URL of the rpm you need to grab, find a mirror that offers rsync, and use rsync --partial to download your update, as often as it takes until you get it all.

I do agree -- yum/rpm should be fixed so that it can use rsync in addition to http.