Re: The Update Problem

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 13:19 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Jonathan Underwood wrote:

> >>     Later news. I did d/l all 17 uploads using #yum upgrade -y and it is
> >> done now with success according to yum. At least worked just like it
> >> always does 8-)
> >>

> > Why do you keep starting new threads rather than continuing the
> > discussion in the pre-existing thread?
> >

> Because you see I first thought the problem was someone else sending
> things to me. Now I know the problem was actually the pup software in
> this computer! So it is a new issue.

When you call somebody on the phone and are talking about going bass
fishing, do you quickly hang up the phone and call back when you start
describing your new Zebco reel?

For what it's worth (and for all the good it will do to even say
anything), it's not a new issue. It's the same issue, but you've now
discovered that *your* perception and/or understanding of the issue was
initially wrong.
Do you see the difference at all?