Re: MySQL Administrator crashes KWin?

On 10/4/07, Kelly <lightsolphoenix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Because I'm taking PHP again at college, I've been looking into getting
> Apache, PHP and MySQL running on my Fedora install again.  It isn't hard,
> because it's not the first time I've done it, but I DO notice something
> strange...
>
> When I try to run MySQL Administrator or MySQL Query Browser, and I select
> to "Save Connection", the resulting window causes KWin to crash and part of
> Kicker to disappear.  The error doesn't seem to be with Administrator or QB
> themselves (I don't see any errors from them), and I'm not sure what the
> problem might be...
> --
>
> --

Hi Kelly!

Truth is, I am at a new place and my Linux machines have not arrived yet.

Still, I do have google.

Searching "MySQL Administrator Kwin" yeilds references such as:

http://archives.mandrivalinux.com/cooker/2007-03/msg04995.php

so, a search on "Linux sigsegv signal" yeilds the definition:

 SIGSEGV	    11	     Core    Invalid memory reference

This is perhaps a bit presumptive but I think I would:

1. Update MySQL and Linux as much as possible.
2. Consider purchasing more memory (some overlap problems may not
occure if there is a lot of memory and more memory will probably make
you happier anyway).
3. Consider fileing a  bug report.  In this process you will probably
find your  bug already reported and if so you can follow the progress
on the bug.

Good Hunting!

Tod