Re: Denial of service

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:

I thought the German Nazi was trying to get into my computer again. So I turned off sshd but that didn't stop the problem. I am getting hit several times a second by someone. I would sure like to at least know the IP they are from.

Any machine reachable from the outside world will get hit like this. It does not matter who you are. As long as you have an IP address, you will be scanned, probed and violated.

Look at the instructions for iptables. You can log whatever you want with that. Not certain what good it will do other than make you realize just how bad the botnet problem is these days.

--
Never trust a queue structure designed by a cryptographer.