Re: Denial of service

Andy Green wrote:

ps -Af

if nothing comes to mind... is yum running or some other Friends Of Yum
like pup or the Package Manager applet... "you have updates" warning
applet or something like that?

Hm actually try

# lsof | grep uci\.edu

and it should show which process has a socket open there (if it is still
open by now).  If not run tcpdump again to catch a new piece of the
domain name it is touching and amend the grep accordingly.

-Andy

I think I have a handle on the problem. The pup program is failing on the 17 updates and that has the whole thing started again. I tried to get the updates again with pup and again it failed.

Now reboot and try to get the updates manaul like.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User