Re: Security basics

>     I have only one PC. So I only use ssh to another computer at NMSU I
> am helping design a tiny Linux for a small satellite.
>
>     This is about done.
>
>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Perfect, so you don't need ssh running on your box because there is no
initiation of a connection to your box.  The only exception would be
if you wanted to copy files from their system to yours using scp.
Then I believe you need sshd running on your box to allow the incoming
secure cp.

So shut down sshd (thus closing port 22).  If you are using a
router/gateway then I imagine you must have had to set up port
forwarding on it for incoming port 22 traffic.  You'll want to remove
that as well (as suggested, layers of defense).

Jacques B.