Re: what are possbile Fedora 8 code names?

On 10/4/07, Martin Hooper <martin.hooper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/10/2007, Jacques B. <jjrboucher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Was "Infinity" on that list? because of number 8 I suggested it
> > > (rotate number 8 and you get infinity).
> > >
> > Automobile trademark name http://www.infiniti.com/
> > Stereo speakers trademark name http://www.infinitysystems.com/
>
> Only know Trademark law from what I've read on the internet ;)  But
> AFAIK (IANAL) you could get away with Infinity because Fedora is not
> in direct competition with either of those companies so getting
> confused with those companies products would not happen??
>
> On Topic - I'm hoping for a werewolf win... :)
>
> --
> Martin Hooper
> http://www.martinjh.myby.co.uk

Very possible.  I haven't read up on the trademark laws.

Also on topic, I vote for Kvass.  Well really I'd prefer something
else yet again.  If infinity wasn't a trademark issue then I'd go for
that.  I like the idea of the 8 on its side as suggested by Valent.

If we look at Apple we find Cheetah, Puma, Jaguar, Panther, Tiger,
Leopard.  All powerful creatures.  Granted a werewolf would beat a
tiger or a leopard any day.  But it doesn't have that same sense of
noble strength.  Too cartoonish or sci-fi for me.  To some a name is
just a name.  But just like location, location, location is important
I believe that a name is important in marketing (otherwise why would
companies conduct market research to come up with a name for their
product much like Fedora is doing now).  Imagine buying an ab
exerciser called FlabRoller vs one called AbRoller.  Choosing the
right name is important.  Werewolf doesn't quite do it for me.  So by
process of elimination (least undesirable of the two) I vote for
Kvass.

Jacques B.