Re: upgrade ram

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 17:13 -0400, rodrigo morales wrote:
> hello
> I am going to update my ram
> I have 512 mb and I am going it to increase to 1024 mb (1gb)
> in swap now I have 1024 mb (1gb)
> As I can update or change the partition of swap so that mb has 2048 (2
> gb)?
> It is necessary that my ram raises to the partition swap when
> updating?
> exists some command or some form to modify the space of swap?
----
I probably wouldn't bother with that...It's not necessary.

The concept is that you would have to have 2 Gigabytes of contiguous
free space available which is highly unlikely if you are asking. Thus,
you would have to resize your LVM Container to shrink it by 2 Gigabytes
to give you the space which you can't do live, you would probably want
to boot up with the live CD.

you can (but it's slower) create a 2 gigabyte swap file on a mounted
filesystem and use that as swap (man swapon)

--
Craig White <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>