Re: OT (most likely) strange modem disconnection when using USB drives

On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Chris Mohler wrote:
>On 10/3/07, Frank Cox <theatre@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 01:02:39 -0400
>>
>> Claude Jones <cjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > keeping a healthy
>> > distance from the flyback transformer - guess what I did not more than
>> > five minutes later?
>>
>> Fly?  All the way back?  *tee hee*
>>
>> About 20 years ago I was changing a ballast in the office where I worked
>> at the time. (I got tired of working in the dark while waiting for the
>> maintenance department to get around to visiting me.)  Just when I was in
>> the midst of removing the old ballast, someone walked in and switched the
>> light on.
>>
>> The next thing I know, I'm sitting on the floor in the corner, and my arm
>> is numb.
>>
>> I learned my lesson -- always put a piece of tape over the light switch
>> when doing that!
>
>I'm a fan of The Big Giant "NO!" Sign, myself. (works on me too - not
>just others)
>
>Chris

My favorite has always been a red magic marker, a sheet of paper from the
copier & a piece of scotch tape to stick it to the wall above the switch so
its covered.  The red magic marker?  That's to scribble, in 4" tall blockish
script, "DNFW" on the paper.  I'll leave the deciphering of that to the
reader here.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)