Re: Internet traffic and Azureus -

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 22:32 +1000, Res wrote:
> customers have no right to demand to know ins and outs of anything

They certainly do have the right to know what they're paying for.  You
work for them.  That's where the money comes from.  You seem to have as
little business sense as you have tact and manners.

Sure, I wouldn't expect to spend an hour on the phone explaining the
nitty gritty of how a failed transistor on the main router caused a
failure, if a customer wanted to know why they couldn't get anything to
work for an hour.  But it'd be fair to expect to have to explain that
some of the equipment had failed, and it did take an hour to notice the
fault, and a while longer to repair things.

Your attitude is the same as the jackasses at Optus, Telstra, and any
number of other biggish ISPs that I could name:  Screw the customers.
Everything is their (the customer's) fault, nothing ever goes wrong at
the service provider, it's all perfect (that's why they don't employ any
repairmen, because they don't need any).  If you hedge your customers
like your attitude on this list, I've no wonder that you'll have
customers trying to get a straight answer out of you.

On the other hand, I could cheerfully recommend the staff at a former
ISP, Picknowl, who if you rang and said you're having problems.  They'd
not blame the customer, and would honestly say they didn't know there
was a problem, and go and check.  Or admit that they did know of one,
and give you a sensible answer about it.  You didn't spend half an hour
arguing with the staff.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.