Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

On Monday 24 September 2007 10:11:45 pm Mike McCarty wrote:
> Chris Jones wrote:
> >>Umm, I haven't lobbied for that. What I have lobbied for is the
> >>ability to install or not. I haven't lobbied for removing it.
> >>If you want to run SELinux, fine for you. I don't. I don't want
> >>it on my machine. So far, RH has provided tools which only know
> >>how to install a version of Linux which has SELinux in it. I'd
> >>like the option NOT to install it, and have it not be on my
> >>machine.
> >
> > There is. Its call Ubuntu...
>
> I found this statement suspect, at least, since Debian
> has had SELinux in it for some time, and AIUI Ubuntu is
> a Debian derivative. I looked, and Ubuntu has SELinux.

I may be wrong but I thought you have to go out of you way to have SELinux
with ubuntu, its not there in a default install.

Even if it is, replace Ubuntu with "Any-distro-without-SELinux" and my
argument still stands.

> I got an employment contract, and the people I contracted
> for wanted that I be able to boot WinXP and Fedora. So,
> I have a machine which is dual boot WinXP and FC2.
>
> On my own, I wouldn't have chosen Fedora.
> On my own, I wouldn't have chosen WinXP.
>
> Given that I have the machine, and it is dual boot WinXP/FC2,
> it remains that way. When the time comes that I feel I really
> must install something newer, it won't be Fedora.
>
> In the meantime, I remain a Fedora User.

Any company that ties itself to FC2 is not one I wish to have dealings with.
If there aren't aware of the potential problems involved in running that OS
then I question their competence.

Chris