Re: How to get the most out of HD space.

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 10:16:25AM +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
I've always wondered about having separate / and /boot.
After all one cannot function without the other.
/boot cannot exist on an LVM.

Although the original reason was to insure it was in the area of the disk
old BIOSes were restricted to booting from, for LILO's benefit. And I'm sure
once the LVM thing is solved, there will be some new problem it solves. :)

The Grub works fine from another partition but it takes a very careful setup in grub.conf to make it work. I have never liked LVM because it takes a whole lot of space and I am not sure why.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User