Re: Networked KDE settings

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 11:45 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>
> > I have installed kiosktool which is very cool (thanks Rex) but it seems
> > that it's an all or none proposition...
> >
> > [ScreenSaver][$i]
> > Enabled=true
> > Lock=true
> > LockGrace=60000
> > Saver=KBlankscreen.desktop
> > Timeout=300
> >
> > which means that users won't be able to overwrite these settings - i.e.
> > change their screensaver.
> >
> > Are there any other options?
>
> You should be able to mark individual entries with [$i] too, so maybe
> something like:
> [ScreenSaver]
> Enabled[$i]=true
> Lock[$i]=true
> ?
----
OK - one more question then because I can see that my desktop system
which has kiosktool installed behaves differently than the impact of my
editing a users $HOME/.kde/share/config/kdesktoprc directly (they are
running on a system that DOESN'T have kiosktool installed.

The [$i] is apparently not meaningful to a specific user's kdesktoprc
file itself but only meaningful on the the
system /usr/share/config/kdesktoprc or a system with kiosktool
installed.

Does that track with your understanding?

Craig

--
Craig White <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>