From: Charles Curley <charlescurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 7:36:32 PM

Subject: Re: Problem with f7 bind-9.4.2 chrooted

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 08:25:19AM -0700, vasi dan wrote:

>    Hi all,

>    I installed a new F7 server and a chrooted named server (bind-9.4.2). I

>    get many "query (cache) ... DENIED", especially for addresses behind

>    another router. No firewall to block access.

>    FC6 (fully updated) was just fine and this bug I thought it was fixed

>    by now.

Please turn off the HTML in email. Thanks

The problem may be that named.conf has file assignments to directories

owned by root, where it cannot create them. Make sure that if named

has to write to them (including create them), they point to one of the

data directories, e.g.:

options {

    directory "/var/named";

    dump-file "/var/named/data/cache_dump.db";

    statistics-file "/var/named/data/named_stats.txt";

This is especially important for slaves, which get zone transfers from

the master(s):

options {

    directory "/var/named/slaves";

    dump-file "/var/named/data/cache_dump.db";

    statistics-file "/var/named/data/named_stats.txt";

Note that these point to the chrooted diretories, so they are actually

below /var/named/chroot.

http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html