Re: Grub is hard to make work

Miner, Jonathan W (CSC) (US SSA) wrote:
I thought I had been successful in moving my /boot to another partition but learned it is grub that is not working right. First it doesn't find the color and second it can't find the kernel. Here is what grub.conf looks like now:

If your /boot directory is part of the / partition, then all the names in the grub.conf file start with /boot/...

Example: initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.9-55.EL.img

If your /boot directory is on its own partition, then all the names in the grub.conf file start with /...

Example: initrd /initrd-2.6.9-55.EL.img

Thank you! I have it in it's own partition /dev/sda6 and did add the / to every line. Now to reboot and see if it works. I have been using a rescue disk a lot today :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User