Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

On 9/24/07, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > You may well not have a "compromised" machine, but one that has a defect
> > that may be exploitable.  SELinux is another part of the protective
> > process, just like other protective software.  Some use to try and prop
> > up their broken systems, others use them to help prevent their system
> > being compromised in the first place.
>
> I am aware of what SELinux is, and how it is intended to work.
> I spent several hours perusing the NSA website on what its
> goals are, and how it is intended to achieve them.
>
> It's not clear to me why you seem to think that I don't know
> what SELinux is.

There are quite a few people on this thread posting unfounded attacks
against SELinux whose contents lead those who are in the know to
believe that these individuals have no understand of what SELinux is,
or how it behaves. At this point, it's likely that you may have just
been mistaken for one of them.

As an aside, use of SELinux is far less complicated than this thread
would have you believe - more importantly, disabling it is trivial if
you do not need its protection.

( www.pembo13.com )