Re: Incorrect Date in OpenOffice.Org Calc

Sudheer Satyanarayana wrote:
Hello,

I have been experiencing weird issues with OpenOffice.Org Calc from few days. In a spreadsheet cell I have entered the date - 23 September 2007. It is displayed as 22. Sep. 2007. When I place the cursor on the cell, I see 09/23/2007 on the formula bar. The date displayed on the formula bar is correct. The format code for this cell is D. MMM. YYYY. All the dates seem to go back one day. I have set Tools>Options>OpenOffice.org Calc>Calculate>Date to 12/30/1989 (default).

How can I fix the problem?

In an attempt to fix the problem, I have set 24 hour clock type in Clock Preferences. I have also uninstalled the OpenOffice.Org package which was bundled with Fedora Core 6. I'm now using OpenOffice.org 2.3.0. Whatever I have tried to fix the problem till date has failed.

If you check the OpenOffice.org archives, there may be something in there about this. I remember seeing something about this some time ago, before 2.2 came out if I am correct.

I am running FC6 and I tried to recreate the issue in 2.3 but mine works.

Have you tried different date formats to see if it is just related to the date format?

Are you using the hardware clock set to UTC or local time?

Just trying to find out more details.

Note, if you install the OOo version of 2.3, you will have to install the Java Media Foundation to get sound in presentations. I found this out last week.
--
Robin Laing