Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:15:52 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
[....]
>> The SELinux devs have created apps which all but automate fixing of
>> most SELinux problems for you. And, they have made it really easy to
>> turn off. So I don't know more you want other than more and better
>> rules, and possible a GUI rule builder.
>
> There is already one FYI
>
> See
> http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/08/21/a-step-by-step-guide-to-
building-a-new-selinux-policy-module/

	And thereby hangs an old sad tale. I looked at that -- and found
it utterly incomprehensible.

	It seems to inhere in the human condition that those who achieve
extreme command of any field lose in the process all recollection of what
it's like for the uninitiated : one comes to think "How could it be any
simpler?? Surely *everyone* knows XWQKZ ..."

	Yes, I've been there and done that, too, though in fields
unrelated to computing and the Net.

	<sigh>

	Maybe the new GUI will jump the gap; or the one rebuilt from it
after enough feedback from this list.

	Fwiw, I am now persuaded to go on tolerating SELinux for another
Fedora release or two, on general principles -- but I'll also be very
curious to see what if anything happens to the machine with it disabled.

	Thanks again for all the discussion! If there are any finer
groups of people online than those who build linux, especially Fedora,
they're mighty few. Mighty few. Strength to all your arms!