Re: How best get rid of SELinux?

Beartooth wrote:

I *hope* targeted makes no difference so long as selinux is disabled. But that doesn't tell me what is targeted on the other machines, nor whether the default choices fit my kind of situation. (If they do, I'll take it on faith that they're well chosen.)

Targeted covers a specific set of software while strict is more comprehensive but also more specialized. Targeted is the default policy in Fedora.

See the SELinux FAQ at http://docs.fedoraproject.org for more details.

Rahul