Upgrading from FC5 to F7

Hi -

After running F7 on my desktops since it was released, I decided to upgrade my DELL Latitude D810 from FC5 to F7.  I booted from media, and followed the upgrade path.

The good news is that it was flawless, and even got my Broadcom BCM 4306 wireless adaptor working after one Google search... and no ndiswrapper! One more Google search, and patch to Cisco's VPN client, and that worked too.

The bad news, which most people wouldn't even notice, is that several FC5 packages got left behind.  The solution was just to "rpm -e" the offending packages.  The lesson here might just be not to try a two version upgrade. I also had some problems with my first "yum update" trying to load i586 kernels, but eventually that straightened itself out.

Thank you to everyone working on Fedora!