Re: Suspend on Inspiron 9400 not working?

Nope, turning off screen saver and blank screen on lid close did nothing. Still black screen with some disk activity. Like I said before I've been using it for some time with no troubles. It was just this last kernel update when it failed. I'm going over the logs again now, maybe I'll find something new.

Stanczak Group wrote:
After the last kernel my suspend is not working. How can I start to figure out why? What happens is the system suspends, but why I open the lid it lights up like it's starting, but the screen stays blank. Moving mouse or hitting keys does not display login for screen saver. I've not tried without screen saver yet, so I'll try that now and report back if it works.

--
Justin Stanczak
Stanczak Group

Edmund Burke