Re: static real time

On 9/7/07, Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED <m_d_berger_1900@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a simple test program using threads, etc. that
> compiles, links, and runs correctly, BUT if I try to
> link with -static, it get various undefined variables
> related to condition variables and mutexes.
>
> Why is this?  Is there something I can do about it?

I think the problem you are having is that the linker does not know
about the libraries you are linking in.

When you run a dynamically linked program, the OS has some facilities
which find the targets.  But the linker doesn't use the same method.

You probably need to add a path to the targets to the linker's command
line.  Check the linker options.