Re: ATI video comes out of the closet

> has claimed in the past that they will open-source their video driver when ATI
> open-sources theirs.  Unfortunately, the poster didn't cite a source - at least
> not one that I have come across to date.  It would be very nice and most
> fascinating if someone could come up with a reliable source for that statement.

Well nVidia won't decide such a thing based on what some guy in nVidia
may or may not have said in the past, they'll just say it "didn't
reflect official company policy" if they didn't like the sound of it.
But the AMD move does pressure them to follow suit.

Some years ago I spent a couple of months trying to figure out how to
bring up the nVidia hardware in the Xbox 1 from scratch without any
data, I bet the nouveau guys would die and go to heaven if they actually
got real data and support from nVidia for everything.

> Our resident Nvidia shill, Lenny, should be in a good position to find out the

She's just working at nVidia, she's not a complete subhuman (like
someone working at Microsoft... -- just kidding).

I worked for an American tech corporation for a while and it's expected
to sing the company song... it would be hard for such a person to
publicly take a dump on the corporate policy even if they hated it.  So
we shouldn't judge so harshly...

-Andy