Re: figuring out all wireless connections on fedora 6/7

On Thu September 6 2007, Globe Trotter wrote:
> I get nothing, which is perhaps likely because nm-applet is part of
> NetworkManager-gnome?
>
> Thanks again!
> Trotter

again, I suggest you give wifi-radar a try - it will do exactly what you
described - it opens a GUI, gives you a list of available wireless networks,
gives you the ability to configure security, offers a connect to command, and
does an excellent job of starting/stopping the radios on a couple of laptops
I've tried it on that wouldn't respond to other utilities - I can't speak to
network-manager; people who have it working successfully swear by it, but
there are tons of complaints and discussions about it come up repeatedly on
this list

to be clear, I've not tried wifi-radar on a lot of machines - it could have
its own set of issues; I don't see it discussed negatively ever, but, that
could be just that a lot of people don't use it - in any event, it will take
you no more than 5 minutes to install it and  give it a shot if you're still
looking for a solution

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA