Re: Unable to connect with YUM through proxy server

Smith, Christopher wrote:
All: I've tried to every trick in the "book" to get yum to work through the proxy: 1. created HTTP_PROXY variables
2. Added entries to the /etc/yum.conf file
But I still get the following error: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')> I'm currently within the Win2k3 environment using ISA server as a proxy front end. Please help Chris

Hi Chris,

	What is the entry that you added in yum.conf? This is what I have in mine.

   proxy=http://10.50.10.55:6588

	HTTP_PROXY variable has never worked for me.

You mention that your proxy is an ISA Server. Is it authenticated? Getting yum to work with an authenticated proxy is a pain. I personally have never been able to get it to work with an authenticated MS ISA server.

PS: When posting a fresh topic to the list compose a new mail, don't reply to a mail you have received from the list. I see that you are receiving list mail in the digest mode. If you have to quote when replying to a mail, please snip all the irrelevant & unnecessary bits.

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218