Re: Dual-booting F7 and WinXP on separate harddisks

McGuffey, David C. wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I read that in several dual-boot HowTo docs...but all were dated
> and discussed this problem with Win 9x. In the past I've had WinXP
> boot from a partition on the 2nd or 3rd hard disk, so I assumed that
> Microsoft fixed this cone-headed problem after Win 9x.
>
> I'll give it a try tonight.
>
> Dave McGuffey

It isn't a problem if the disk is in that position when XP is
installed, but it is a problem if the disk is moved after XP is
installed. I am sure there is a way to tell XP's boot loader about
the change, but I have no idea what it is. I just let grub swap the
BIOS numbers...

Mikkel