Re: Successful install of Fedora7 in VPC2007 guest

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 18:53:01 -0400, Jim Cornette
<fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:15:56 +0930, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> You'd issue the command for it from within that command line interface.
>>> That sort of thing (having a separate CLI window for root) is the usual
>>> way of starting things with root privileges when you're logged in as
>>> yourself.
>>
>> Then I have to know what command actually starts the GUI text editor,
>> and I don't...
>
>gedit &
>for GNOME

I did not know that this was the one, but now I tested it from a
terminal window and sure enough it pops up the GUI window that is the
same as from Applications/Accessories/Text Editor

Which is what I need to get into the setup instructions of course!
This solves the problem since in terminal one would do:

su -
password:
gedit /boot/grub/grub.conf

Then the editor will come up and the next thing to do is to switch off
word wrap in preferences and one is ready to go.

Thanks, I will put this into the docs I will prepare.

Bo Berglund