Re: using Miro

> I read the description of this package and it sounds interesting. I installed
> the rpm from the fedora repo. The package opens properly, and subscribing to
> channels works, videos get downloaded, but when I click the play button, the
> screen flashes for a second as if its trying to play but then reverts the
> selections page. If I go to the download folders and click on the files, I
> can get them to play with VLC. So, I'm getting playable files. Going through
> the options doesn't yield much. I've read through the faq and I'm looking
> through the forum -
>
> Has anyone gotten this package to work?

Yeah... it's not exactly obvious.  This gets the FLV (flash video) stuff
working (livna repo needed for the second package)

# yum install gstreamer-python gstreamer-ffmpeg

As root, edit

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/miro/frontend_implementation/VideoDisplay.py

line 75

where you find this chunk of code

        if values == None:
            # Using both renderers causes segfaults --NN
            #self.add_renderer("gstrenderer")
            self.add_renderer("xinerenderer")
        else:

Change it to use gstreamer

            self.add_renderer("gstrenderer")
            #self.add_renderer("xinerenderer")

and save and restart Miro.  FLV (eg, the JETSET stuff) works here after
that.

-Andy