Re: How to modify xorg.conf from command line in rescue console (F7)

Ian Malone wrote:
> Chris Jones wrote:
>
> (Bo Berglund:)
>>> At this time I should have checked that all was well by logging off
>>> and logging on as the new account and also by restarting Fedore, but
>>> instead I accepted the 178 updates...
>>>

>> yes, Fedora evolves fast ;)
>>
>>> After several hours of downloading and installing Fedora asked to
>>> restart and I did so.
>>>
>>> Unhappily, the start was no good. Now when the login screen should
>>> appear in 16 bit color mode as per my changes in xorg.conf for some
>>> reason it starts up in 24 bit bode and the screen is unintelligible.
>>>

>> My guess is your xorg.conf isn't quite correct. I suggest you post the
>> full file here.
>
> That's the most likely scenario, though it's possibly worth checking
> that a kernel update hasn't undone your grub.conf modifications.

I believe that some of the updates are parts of xorg. That may have
tried to update xorg.conf. But part of it could be the new kernel
entry in grub.conf - it should follow the one for the current
kernel, but you never know. It would be interesting to see if it put
rhgb back in...

Mikkel