Re: Gnome won't start after upgrade to FC7

Edward DeMeulle writes:

Just recently noticed that after upgrading to FC7, X-windows starts and
just sits there with an X cursor with just the FC wallpaper (I normally
use/play through SSH). I'm not familiar enough with the connection
between X and Gnome to know where to look next. Anyone have any
suggestions as to how to proceed?

Boot into run level 3 or 4, then run 'yum update'. There are about 22GB worth of updates to Fedora 7, already. There is a known bug in esound that does that, fixed several months ago.