Re: DD not working

Karl Larsen wrote:

Using some replication program for Linux would probably be the best option rather than DD or rsync.

Jim

Hi Jim, well the third iteration of a dd to the new drive is ongoing. So When it is done I will not reboot until I have used fsck on the new file system. Last time I had big trouble even getting a chance to check the file system :-)

If DD does not work out for you, you might try partimage or ghost 4 Linux. I am not sure if rsync would be successful. I did read a mention by Alan regarding rsync -a being an option after already have posted a response to this thread.

Good luck finding it though since there are many different threads with very similar subject matter.

Jim

--
I switched on the radio and nearly dropped dead
The news was so bad that i fell out of bed

Superman By "The Kinks"