RE: Fedora 7 + Radeon 1950Pro + screen resolution and refreshproblems

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karl Larsen
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 2:12 PM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: Fedora 7 + Radeon 1950Pro + screen resolution and
refreshproblems

Antoniak Adam wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with Fedora and my graphic card. Yesterday I
> installed Fedora 7 (I used every Fedora distro back from Core 1 and
> was always satisfied with it). Recently I upgraded my graphic card to
> Radeon 1950Pro and cannot make it working under Fedora.
>
> My current screen resolution is 800x600 with refreshing rate 81Mhz. I
> cannot setup higher resolution using the graphic panel. What's more my

> monitor (NEC Multisync FE771SB) is not automatically recognized. When
> I manually configure it using the graphic panel and restart the
> system, I cannot work with Fedora as I get the warning message from my

> monitor that the refreshing rate is out of range (too high).
>
> I googled for a while and it looks like it might be the problem with
> the default ati driver under Fedora. I have "void" in my xorg.cong. I
> tried installing fglrx driver from Livna, but couldn't start graphic
> interface unless returned to previous xorg.conf (same problem with too

> high refreshing rate during bootup). I found many posts regarding this

> matter in the web but didn't manage to find definitive resolution to
> this problem.
>
> This list helped me in the past so I count on you guys. Any
suggestions?

> Adam
>
> PS. In the mean time I found this:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Install-Video-Drivers-on-Fedora-7-
59919.shtml
> Will it solve my problems? I wanna give it a try when I get back home.

The computer errors on the side of caution when it makes a guess at your

monitor. With your F7 up goto System-Aministration-Display and give it
your password and it will come up and tell you what you have. Go to
Hardware and it will have a guess for a monitor. Change that to your
known monitor and reset the size and such. Works well.

No it does not work. As I mentioned when I set my monitor appropriately,
next time I boot the refresh rate is out of monitor's display capability
range and I end up with black screen

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User