Fedora 7 + Radeon 1950Pro + screen resolution and refresh problems

Hi!

I have a problem with Fedora and my graphic card. Yesterday I installed Fedora 7 (I used every Fedora distro back from Core 1 and was always satisfied with it). Recently I upgraded my graphic card to Radeon 1950Pro and cannot make it working under Fedora.

My current screen resolution is 800x600 with refreshing rate 81Mhz. I cannot setup higher resolution using the graphic panel. What’s more my monitor (NEC Multisync FE771SB) is not automatically recognized. When I manually configure it using the graphic panel and restart the system, I cannot work with Fedora as I get the warning message from my monitor that the refreshing rate is out of range (too high).

I googled for a while and it looks like it might be the problem with the default ati driver under Fedora. I have “void” in my xorg.cong. I tried installing fglrx driver from Livna, but couldn’t start graphic interface unless returned to previous xorg.conf (same problem with too high refreshing rate during bootup). I found many posts regarding this matter in the web but didn’t manage to find definitive resolution to this problem.

This list helped me in the past so I count on you guys. Any suggestions?

Adam

PS. In the mean time I found this: http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Install-Video-Drivers-on-Fedora-7-59919.shtml Will it solve my problems? I wanna give it a try when I get back home.