Re: HIDD failed on F7 boot into shiny new Thnikpad T61

--- Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> wireless,
> > > and
> fixes
> > > all
> back

> > > Most of them are in Bugzilla.  We can hope it's just a matter of (not
> > > too much) time...
> > >
> > > Do you have pointers to all those fixes that work with F7?  I'm
> > > struggling with them too--especially suspend/resume and hibernate.  Note
> > > that there are many different configurations of T61 and different
> > > configs require different fixes.  Also, some issues with x86_64 are not
> > > issues with i386.
> >
> > Hi Mathew,
> >
> > Thanks, the laptop currently is on Gutsy Gibbon. I will try reinstalling
> Fedora
> > this evening and make a list of all the can do's and can't do's, and post.
>
> Thanks, that would be great.  You can see our experiences so far at
> http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/f7_setup.shtml.

Hi Mathew,

I wanted to report that hibernate works fine for me, but suspend goes ok, but a
very dimly lit screen comes back for me on resume.

Sound still does not work, and neither does wireless. It appears that there
needs to be a kernel install as per
http://carrot.hep.upenn.edu/wiki/doku.php?id=thinkpad:start

One strange aspect which has always dogged me is the fact that the gdm splash
screen occupies the top left three-quarters of the screen.

No sound also, but I read somewhere that this will be fixed in 1.0.15? Though I
could not tell when this will be out. I could not find anything on
alsa-project.org.

I also keep getting this annoying irq19 disabled, etc, which I read means that
he USB ports on the right stop working. Anyone know how to fix this?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Trotter

that gives answers, not web links.